As temperatures start to heat up and air conditioners are turned on, homeowners across the country begin their annual ritual: AC maintenance. This can be a time-consuming and expensive process, but it is necessary to keep your unit running efficiently during this hot summer season.
Fortunately, with some simple tips and tricks, you can reduce your costs while maintaining air conditioning in tip-top shape. In this blog post, we’ll discuss 7 practical ways you can save money on AC maintenance in Orlando, FL this year; from basic care like changing filters to cost-effective options for repair and replacement. Read on to make sure your cooling system runs smoothly all summer long – without hitting you too hard in the wallet!
1. Change Your Filters. This is one of the most important steps for AC maintenance, and it can save you money in the long run. Dirty air filters reduce the efficiency of your unit, making it work harder and use more energy. Make sure to change your filter when recommended by the manufacturer—usually every three months or so – for optimal performance and cost savings.
2. Check Your Thermostat Settings. Adjusting your thermostat to a more efficient temperature can help you lower energy costs while still keeping cool this summer. Most experts recommend setting it between 78°F and 82°F during hot weather conditions, as higher temperatures cause too much strain on your system and can lead to additional problems down the line.
3. Schedule an Annual Tune-Up. Even with regular filter changes, it’s important to have a professional inspect your system before the summer months begin. During a tune-up, an HVAC technician will look for signs of wear and tear, repair any components that need attention, and advise you on needed replacements or upgrades if necessary.
4. Use a Programmable Thermostat. A programmable thermostat is an easy way to save money on air conditioning costs without sacrificing comfort. This type of thermostat allows you to set specific temperatures at different times throughout the day, so you can turn down the AC when no one is home and make sure it’s nice and cool when you return.
5. Clean Your Condenser Unit. This should be done at the start of the summer season, as pollen and dirt buildup can block airflow and cause your system to run less efficiently. Don’t forget to trim trees or bushes near your condenser unit so it has plenty of space to draw in air.
6. Insulate the Ducts. Poorly insulated ducts can cause your AC to work harder, as chilled air escapes before reaching its destination and hot air enters from outside sources. Make sure your ducts are properly sealed and insulated to keep costs down while maintaining comfortable temperatures indoors.
7. Replace Old Equipment. If you have an older air conditioning unit, replacing it may likely be more cost-effective than repairing or maintaining an outdated model. New units tend to be much more energy efficient and are built with the latest technology to provide maximum cooling while saving money in the long run. AC replacement in Orlando, FL is often more affordable than you might think, so it may be a good idea to explore this option before investing in costly repairs.
These seven tips can help you save on AC maintenance this summer without sacrificing comfort. In addition to reducing energy bills, staying on top of maintenance will also prolong the life of your system and reduce repair costs in the future.
Remember to always contact a qualified HVAC technician when any issues arise, as they have the expertise and experience needed to keep your air conditioning running smoothly at all times. With regular care and attention, you can enjoy the summer season without breaking the bank on AC costs.
At Comfort Zone Air Conditioning AH Corp., we are committed to delivering top-notch AC maintenance services that will help keep your cooling system running efficiently this summer. From basic care like changing filters to cost-effective options for repair and replacement, our experienced team of professionals can help you optimize your system and lower energy bills so you can enjoy the season without overspending.
Contact Comfort Zone Air Conditioning AH Corp. today at (407) 234-0128 for more information!