Mobile homes are a popular way to live, especially in warm climates like Orlando, FL. However, keeping the air conditioning unit running properly in a mobile home can be challenging. Here are 10 tips to help you keep your mobile home’s air conditioning unitrunning smoothly all summer long.
1. Change the air filter regularly. Air filters can become clogged with dust and debris, making it difficult for your AC unit to cool the air properly. Make sure to change your air filter at least every three months.
2. Keep outdoor units free from debris. Clean leaves, sticks, and other debris away from your outdoor AC unit to ensure proper airflow and prevent damaging the unit or its components.
3. Keep outdoor units clear of vegetation. Trim back any trees or bushes that are growing too close to your AC unit as this will allow for maximum airflow into the system and prevent damage due to overgrown vegetation.
4. Check refrigerant levels periodically. Refrigerant is necessary for cooling your home efficiently; make sure to check your refrigerant levels at least once a year and recharge it if necessary.
5. Make sure your ducts are sealed properly. Leaky ducts can cost you money in the form of lost cooled air. Check for any leaks or cracks and make sure all seams are sealed with mastic or metallic tape.
6. Clean coils regularly. Clogged condenser and evaporator coils can reduce the efficiency of your AC unit so make sure to clean them at least twice per year using compressed air, a vacuum cleaner, or even a garden hose with a nozzle attachment.
7. Inspect your thermostat regularly. A malfunctioning thermostat can keep your home from cooling correctly; inspect the wiring, batteries, and overall functioning of the thermostat at least once a year.
8. Check insulation levels in your home regularly. Insulation helps keep cooled air inside your home; inspect all areas of your mobile home where insulation is present to make sure it’s still doing its job properly.
9. Have regular maintenance performed on your AC unit by a professional technician. An experienced technician can detect any potential problems before they become an issue and help you avoid costly repairs down the line.
10. Make sure vents are clear and unobstructed. Blocked air vents can prevent cool air from entering your living space, so make sure to check them periodically for obstructions that could be blocking airflow from entering your home.
Following these tips will help ensure that your air conditioning unit runs efficiently and effectively all summer long in your mobile home. Taking the time to maintain your AC unit will save you money on energy costs and keep your family comfortable during the hot Orlando, FL summers.
Schedule An Appointment With Comfort Zone Air Conditioning AH Corp. Now!
At Comfort Zone Air Conditioning AH Corp., we specialize in servicing, repairing, and installing air conditioning units for mobile homes in Orlando, FL. Our experienced technicians can help keep your AC unit running efficiently throughout the summer. Contact us today at (407) 234-0128 to schedule an appointment!